Age has a way of catching up with you. You may notice burgeoning wrinkles and lines, which gradually grow deeper, or these signs of aging may spring up suddenly, leaving you aghast when you look in the mirror. Regardless of when you noticed your youth deteriorating, you’re ready to do something about it now. Unfortunately, exercise, a healthy diet and good skin care can only get you so far. A facelift is the most effective way to turn back time and look as young as you feel, but are you ready for plastic surgery?
Before you decide on a facelift, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you unhappy with the way your face, chin and neck have aged?
- Do you have realistic expectations for your procedure?
- Have you considered trying BOTOX® Cosmetic or dermal fillers to rejuvenate your appearance?
- Are you in overall good health?
- Do you have a preexisting condition, which may complicate your surgery?
Once you’ve weighed the pros and cons of a facelift, the first and most vital step of your facial transformation is choosing a cosmetic surgeon and scheduling a consultation. Then, you need to compile a list of questions to make sure you’re well educated and prepared for your procedure.
Some questions to ask include:
- Do you specialize in facial plastic surgery?
- How often do you perform a facelift?
- Will I need to go under local or general anesthesia?
- What should I expect during my recovery?
- How can I best prepare for a facelift?
If you’re interested in a facelift, contact our cosmetic surgeon in NYC today at 212-308-1566to schedule your consultation. Dr. Pakeman specializes in facial plastic surgery and serves clients in New York City, Manhattan and nationwide.