Butt augmentation can enhance the shape and contour of your buttocks. Diet and exercise can help you lose weight and tone muscles, but it’s difficult to tone your buttocks through these methods alone. Our cosmetic surgeon in NYC can help you decide if you’re a good butt augmentation candidate and walk you through the preparation steps for your procedure.
What is Butt Augmentation?
Our NYC office offers the Brazilian Butt Lift, which utilizes your own fat to alter the shape and size of your bottom. This form of butt augmentation helps you achieve a natural look and feel by removing stubborn fat via liposuction from areas such as your abdomen. The fat is then injected into your buttocks to give you your ideal contour.
Preparing for Butt Augmentation
Some of the steps involved in preparing for your butt augmentation include:
- Your Consultation. During your initial consultation with Dr. Pakeman, you’ll discuss your allergies, previous surgeries, current medications and any past and present medical conditions. Dr. Pakeman may ask you to change the dosage or stop taking some of your prescriptions or over-the-counter medications to avoid potential complications.
- Stop Smoking. Smoking can elevate your risk of complications. You’ll need to quit up to 6 weeks before your butt augmentation surgery. You’ll also need to avoid alcohol in the days leading up to your procedure.
- Fill Your Prescriptions. Our cosmetic surgeon may prescribe medications to aid in your recovery. You should fill these at your local pharmacy before your surgery so they are readily available.
- Stay Hydrated. Dehydration can hinder the healing process. Drink plenty of fluids in the days prior to your surgery and while you recover at home.
- Ask a Friend to Help. You will need a friend or family member to drive you home after your butt augmentation. He or she will need to stay with you for the first 24 hours to make sure your recovery is going well.
If you’re interested in butt augmentation, please call our cosmetic surgeon in NYC today at 212-308-1566 to schedule your initial consultation. Manhattan Surgical Care provides cosmetic surgery to clients in NYC, Manhattan and nationwide.