Cellulite is one of those persistent, frustrating skin problems that tends not to respond to creams and lotions, and can't be eliminated with weight loss. That's because these methods do not target the cause of cellulite, which is related to the underlying structure of the tissue beneath your skin. Cellulaze is the first FDA-approved cosmetic surgery treatment for effectively reducing cellulite, allowing you to be more confident about the appearance of your skin. To schedule a consultation with experienced cosmetic surgeon Dr. Basil Pakeman, please call Manhattan Surgical Care at 212-308-1566 .
How Cellulaze reduces Cellulite
Using a thin laser fiber, Cellulaze treats cellulite in the most common problem areas:
- Back of the legs
Cellulaze works by targeting the very source of cellulite, which is threefold: thin skin, pockets of fat, and tight connective tissue bands. The tight bands of connective tissue (called septae) pull down on the skin, making the pockets of fat bulge. Because cellulite originates beneath your skin, it's difficult to treat it with surface measures like creams and lotions. Cellulaze changes all that by using laser technology to release these tight tissue bands and to thicken your skin.
There are three phases of Cellulaze treatment. Upon insertion of the laser fiber, the laser will:
- Melt and liquefy fat cells
- Release the stiff septae pulling down on the pockets of fat
- Stimulates collagen production to thicken and smooth skin surface
Cellulite is quite common among women, with many women experiencing the most pronounced cellulite around age 35, the age at which the skin may begin thinning. Cellulite can be an obstacle to feeling confident and beautiful, but with Cellulaze, you can enjoy effective cellulite reduction that can last a year or longer.
Advantages of Cellulaze Cellulite Treatment
Dr. Pakeman is committed to bringing his patients those technologies and techniques he knows will provide optimal results and the most comfortable and least invasive treatment experience. He offers Cellulaze for its many advantages, including the following:
- Minimally invasive cellulite treatment
- Results in smoother, firmer, more youthful skin
- Effective because it targets the structures causing dimpled pockets of fat
- Heat from Cellulaze provides a moderate skin-tightening effect
- Increases collagen production to improve skin elasticity
- Requires only local anesthesia
- Minimal downtime, allowing you to get back to full activities after 1 to 2 days
- Results are apparent immediately and continue to improve over 3 to 6 months
Although the Cellulaze procedure is surgical, it's also minimally invasive. Dr. Pakeman will make small, round incisions, through which an instrument called a cannula will be inserted. The narrow, tube-like cannula contains the laser fiber that treats the cellulite and your skin.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Pakeman to find out if you are a good candidate for Cellulaze, please call Manhattan Surgical Care at 212-308-1566 . Dr. Pakeman provides beautiful, natural Cellulaze results to women from Manhattan, New York City and all of the nearby areas.